- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline Legal News
- Legal Trend News
- Legal Business
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Italy's high court refuses to release migrant rescue ship
- Court won't reconsider making public family slain autopsies
- Trump travel ban is focus of Supreme Court's last arguments
- Constitutionality of murder conviction upheld by high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Clicking 'checkout' could cost more after Supreme Court case
- Supreme Court rejects anti-abortion pastor's appeal on noise
- Supreme Court hearing case about online sales tax collection
- Another key redistricting case goes in front of high court
- Court: Mexican family can't sue agent in cross-border death
The United States filed suit in March 2008, after unsuccessfully trying to get China to lift its hold on distribution. China required all US media producers to route their products through Chinese state-owned companies.
The WTO issued the 464-page ruling last month, but the opinion wasn't released to the public until Wednesday. The WTO panel supported many of the claims made by trade associations representing US media companies such as EMI, Sony BMG, McGraw-Hilland Simon & Schuster.
Hollywood studios like Warner Bros., Disney and Paramount were less successful in challenging China's purported "duopoly," or requirement that US films go through one of two distributors, a restriction not imposed on Chinese films.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.