- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline Legal News
- Legal Trend News
- Legal Business
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Courts: Bail reform working, but sustainable funding needed
- Catalan politicians in Spanish court in secession probe
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
- Malaysia's top court annuls unilateral conversions of minors
An additional payment of $7.5 million, less plaintiffs' attorneys’ fees, will be made if U.S. Sugar closes its pending land sale with the South Florida Water Management District, according to a news release.
The company said the settlement was filed with the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.
Upon approval by the court, all actions against all defendants will be dismissed with prejudice, which means that the court ruling is final and the claims cannot be refiled.
This settlement was reached without any party admitting any liability.
"All of the defendants in this case have denied and continue to deny any wrongdoing, and indeed, most of the claims have already been dismissed by the court," said Robert Coker, U.S. Sugar’s senior vice president of public affairs.
In the settlement, U.S. Sugar said it entered into the settlement solely to avoid the cost, disruption and uncertainty of continued litigation.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.