- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline Legal News
- Legal Trend News
- Legal Business
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Italy's high court refuses to release migrant rescue ship
- Court won't reconsider making public family slain autopsies
- Trump travel ban is focus of Supreme Court's last arguments
- Constitutionality of murder conviction upheld by high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Clicking 'checkout' could cost more after Supreme Court case
- Supreme Court rejects anti-abortion pastor's appeal on noise
- Supreme Court hearing case about online sales tax collection
- Another key redistricting case goes in front of high court
- Court: Mexican family can't sue agent in cross-border death
Courthouse News reports that Democrats continued to give her soft balls, while Republicans threw her some curves. One topic that will not go away is her "wise Latina" comment, something she has said has gotten more attention than anything she has ever said or written in the past.
In response to Texas Senator John Cornyn (R) questions regarding that her judicial records do not reflect her "wise Latina" statement, she said that it was meant to encourage Hispanics. She regrets if anyone misinterprets her statement as meaning that one judges better depending on their sex, race or ethnicity.
On a lighter note, newly sworn in Minnesota Senator Al Franken (D) jokingly asked her to name the specific "Perry Mason" episode that the fictional lawyer actually won. After admitting she did not remember, Franken responded, "Didn't the White House prepare you?"
Sotomayor has said the show inspired her career in law.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.