- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline Legal News
- Legal Trend News
- Legal Business
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Courts: Bail reform working, but sustainable funding needed
- Catalan politicians in Spanish court in secession probe
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
- Malaysia's top court annuls unilateral conversions of minors
The Ottawa Sun reported Thursday night that the league is trying to determine if the 12-year, $62.8 million deal Hossa signed July 1 circumvents the collective bargaining agreement and salary cap.
Hossa's contract results in a $5.23 million cap hit each year over the length of the deal, but much of the money is to be paid up front, with $7.9 million annually for the first seven years and tapering down to $750,000 the final two years.
The NHL is investigating whether the Hawks discussed with Hossa the possibility the 30-year-old winger would retire before the contract expires, which would end the cap hit.
If you're having a contract problem, the Chicago contract attorneys at Brinkmeier Roth Law Group can help. They can also assist if you need a small business lawyer. Contact them today to set up a consultation.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.